Friday, June 17, 2011

I almost had a heart attack seeing Trent walk up to the mound ready to pitch for the very first time!







This is Trent's first year of being in AA, which is the first year of kid pitch. I wasn't looking forward to this because baseball is long and boring enough, but now that kids are pitching it is even longer! Well, it has only been two games and it hasn't been so bad. About the 3 inning of his second game I heard his coach tell him to keep warm. I thought this was strange because Trent was wearing a long sleeve and looked warm to me. Then it hit me that the last pitcher was up on his pitches and it was time for a new one. I walked over to Randy and told him I think Trent might be pitching next inning. Randy's face looked scared! Then the inning started and there walked Trent confidently out to the pitchers mound to take some warm up pitches. I can't tell you how nervous I was for him! Not that I didn't believe he could do it, but the whole game depends on the pitcher in this division, that's a lot of PRESSURE. We watched him as he was warming up and he looked good. The first pitch came and the umpire called it a ball. Then he got into his groove and started throwing strikes. He struck one kid out and then the next kid hit a pop fly. Trenton called it and caught it with ease! He only walked a few out of the two innings he pitched which ended the game in a tie! They were out of time or they would have played one more inning to break the tie. The whole time I was watching him I was a nervous wreck. I even walked over to the coach and said, "Mike what are you thinking you need to warn me next time he is going out there to pitch!" The coach then asked if this was the first time he had ever pitch and I told him that it was! Randy was nervous for him too so he went and sat in the car because he couldn't watch. The umpire that was in the outfield happened to be Cameron's old coach from T-Ball so he kept yelling Trenton's name and telling him to SMILE. He did and great job and when he doesn't think about it he does amazing. We couldn't have been prouder of him as parents. He has always been a star to us but now other people got to see him shine today.  After the game was over the coach gave him the game ball! GREAT JOB TRENTON!

















































0 comments: