Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Boy or Girl????

Some of you know that we went in for an ultrasound today! Drum roll please............................. we are having a BOY!!! No I am not joking! My husband can't make anything but BOYS! I have to admit I was shocked and a little sad, I thought that I could at least have one girl. I still can't imagine myself with a girl but I just feel like I am missing out by not getting to experience. I know that everyone says that girls are so hard I guess I just wanted to find out for myself. I can try again is what some of you are thinking, but I can't the Drs. won't let me have anymore after this one. This will be my fourth c-section so this will be it. Okay enough whining! Now I need help coming up with a name. All of my boys names end in N so I need to come up with a name that I love that ends in an N. The only ones I kind of like are Peyton and Talan. I am not in love with either so give me your suggestions.

25 comments:

We are the Matthews! said...

YEA!!! You do realize you are going to have girls hanging out at your house to be around all those good looking BOYS!! I will be thinking about some names for you. Congrats and have fun this weekend. :)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Congrats! Sorry you aren't getting your girl but you have some awfully cute boys for all the girls! :) Think of your daughter in laws! :) What about Jaden or Jaron? They are my brother in law's names so I came up with them quick and if I didn't have a brother in law Jaden and was having a boy I think that is the name I would have picked. LOL Good luck picking a name! Btw, I need your address girl! Please leave it on a comment on my blog (I moderate them so I won't publish the one with your address) http://giggleswigglesandhoinks.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

How bout Alan?! Just kidding, I'll keep thinking. Congratulations. When I knew Cole was a boy, my first thought was holy moly, what am I going to name him? Good luck Mer. Happy for you. Anytime you want to do hair or something you can borrow Grace. You just have to give her back!

Laura H said...

Hey Merridee did you notice the time on when Nicole made a comment? Does that girl ever sleep??

Anyways my vote is for Benjamin , you can call him Ben.

Liz Prisbrey said...

I like Stetson! Jess has a nephew with that name and I have always liked it. :-)

The Covie said...

Hey Mer! Congrats! What about Ethan, Harrison, or Brandon? It was so hard for me to pick a boy and don't know really why because there are so many cute ones. Good Luck!

The Covie said...

I meant boy name not a boy from a litter of kids! LOL

Ben and Taryn said...

Congrats Mer! I'm a little bummed for you, but you can have my overly emotional girl over any time you want. I like Simon or Morgan or Nathan. Good Luck!

Jessi McCall said...

My suggestion is Kingston. That's what Bobby and I were planning on naming Phoenix had she been a boy.

Alisa said...

Congrats! You will love it when they are all teenagers and you don't have to deal with girls emotions. I like Talan. I do like Peyton but it seems like it is a really popular girls name right now.

Melissa said...

I'm sure there are plenty of cute girls up for adoption! It also sounds like plenty of Mom's are willing to let you borrow their girls for unlimited amounts of time. Either way, you'll get the girly opportunities somehow. I'm still rooting for you!

I like Ethan, Morgan, Dallin, Kayden...Hhhhmmm... I'll let you know if I think of some more names.

Mason clan 5 said...

Well congrats at least you know how to handle them right! I was hopping for a girl but started getting headaches last week so I am sure mine is a boy too. Poor Kayla a few more weeks we will find out! I like colton,makayla suggests John, Ryan, Carson, jason,Brycen, Ethan suggests melman! Hahaha

Cav Family said...

Congratulations!
I know you are bummed. Yes, girls are alot of work. So much drama! Kelsy turns 12 in Nov. I am not lookin forward to the teenage years. Girl fights, dating, breakups etc. Have fun with your boys! I wish I could have had one.
Any how as far as a boy name what do you think of Carson? Just a thought.
Tiffany

Mandy said...

Mer you are going to have lots of daughters.....in-laws. What can we say you are the perfect mom for boys. At least you won't have to change your blog and email right? I like Carson and Nathan. What ever you chose it will be adorable.

Tara said...

My boys names are Jayden and Ethan so I guess we have a similar theme. :) Of course I would suggest those since they are my favorites!

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Congrats on your boy!! Ethan, Hayden, Benson, Carson, Colson, Evan....hmm can't think of anymore right now!

cooksonclan said...

Hi Merridee,

Whenever you feel you need a girl...mine is up for rent! ;) Hopefully you have lots of girlfriends! ;)
I think your name Tallan is cute and would be fun to say.... Tallan Turner! I also like the name Braxton? Hope your feelin good!

Erica said...

Congrats Mer!
Sorry this is your last shot at a girl, I know that you will love him so much!
I am happy for you - anyways!

Cindy said...

Congrats! Don't be too sad, I have enough girls to go around. You can borrow them any time! I know you may have alot of boy clothes already, but if you need any let me know. I have a ton of stuff still with the tags on because David grew so quickly.

Dan & Mel said...

We are so excited for you. Boys are great. The Turner name must need to be carried on. How about Logan or Brycen or Braxton.

Jewels said...

For the record, Brooke and I were praying for a girl for you! Boy or girl, we can't wait to get our hands on another of your adorable babies...We love you! Hmmm as far as boy names...let's see Brandon, Dylan, Hayden, Dalton, Donovan, Austin, Brendon, Palin & Paxton(Lon's choice), Mason, Kevin, Jordan...

Bradley Clan said...

You make dang cute boys though! I saw the name Janten and loved it, but i like different names. Good luck!

Dan & Mel said...

Hey, I thought of couple names Colton and Colin.

Cari J said...

Wow, you've got a lot of great suggestions!! I think all mine have been mentioned, but I really like Carson, Justin, Logan, and Dylan (though that may be a little bit too close to Rob and Liz's Dallin - me and Candice get in trouble all the time for kid names that are too close). For all I know you've got nephews with all those names already, one of the fun parts of being in a big family :) Good luck with your name search!!

Cami Jo said...

Congrats Mer! I'm excited for you. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted, but nothing ever does, right? I'm sure it will all be great when the cute little bum gets here. I like Carson, duh. And, we are naming this one Stockton if it's a boy. I guess I like to end them in N's too!