Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Overdue Update!!

About three weeks ago we headed up to Utah for my nephew Tyler's wedding. Randy had to work and I didn't want to miss the wedding so the boys and I loaded up and headed out. It was funny because I got A LOT of comments saying how crazy I was to drive 5 hours by myself with the boys. I have always just thought they are my kids and I try not to let them slow me down too much. They were GREAT on the ride up and back!! I just packed a cooler with drinks and snacks and you can't forget movies.( What did we ever do without portable DVD players!) We only had to stop once on the way up for gas and a potty break and the same on the way back. I stayed with my brother Wayne and his wife Dina. They were wonderful to me and the boys! This is a picture of Wayne and Trenton making breakfast Saturday morning.


We decided to go bowling after breakfast! Sounds so sweet and innocent doesn't it. When you factor in a two year old without a nap that thinks every turn is HIS, not so much fun! Trent and Brayden had a great time and Jaxon was thrilled when it was his turn but he would scream and fight with me until it was his turn again. It was a good thing that Uncle Wayne ordered some french fries with ranch that kept him busy for a minute!!




That night was the reception. I never realized how scary it is to bring three crazy boys to a nice reception. They had it decorated so pretty and some wonderful desserts lined the refreshment table. That was a disaster waiting to happen. So we steered clear of that and Grandpa helped us find the toys in the nursery!



When I had visited with all of the family for a few seconds I decided I should take these guys somewhere to burn some of their energy. We went to McDonald's of course! Luckily Felicia and Joe came with us which was a win win situation. I was able to visit with them since I don't get to see my Felich much since she got married and the boys absolutely love to be around them. It was one of the highlights of the trip. I think we stayed there for about two hours till the boys faces were red and their energy level was lowered.


Getting together with my family is always so much fun. It wouldn't have been a Robbins function if we didn't play some Aggravation!! Friday night and Saturday night we had LATE NIGHTS of Aggravation fun! Thanks so much to Wayne and Dina for opening their home to me and my CRAZY boys it was nice to be able to visit and spend time with them. We also had to make a stop to Uncle Dale and Aunt Tamara's. A Utah trip would not be complete without it. The boys love to see their cows and dogs and love the playroom there. We also stopped on the way home to see Grandpa and Grandma Robbins in Payson. I got a really cute picture with Grandpa great, Grandpa and the boys.


3 comments:

Tracey said...

What a good mom you are to take your camera and take so many pictures.

Nicole said...

I was wondering if I should ask what aggravation is... but if I have to put lipstick dots all over my face I am not sure I should ask! Just kidding that was tons of fun. Tons of fun until I got out!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! And, I'm not at all surprised that you guys found time to play a little Aggravation! :-)