Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!!

Every general conference for as long as I can remember the Robbins family that lives here gets together at the park between sessions and plays baseball. It is always so much fun and if you ever mention general conference to my kids they say, " yes we get to play baseball and have donuts!" This time we decided to play kickball. It was a lot of fun even Jaxon got out there and kicked the ball and acted like he knew what he was doing running to first base. I say first base because it seems like after that we had to coach him through it. He was a trooper and stayed on those bases until we told him to run. Everyone even brought their dogs this year. We have never been a dog family but we have all slowly caved and added dogs into our families. There are only a few brothers that do not have them now. Well our dog and Joe and Tracey's dog don't like each other so much. I tried to get a picture because all they would do is fight. It seems strange because our kids get along so well you would think that our dogs would! (Definitely not the case) After a few hours of this we go home watch the next session of conference and head up to grandma and grandpa's for dinner and the best treat of all. GRANDPA'S HOMEMADE DONUTS!!!! Yes they are the best we had to cut Cameron off when he had about 6 of them then he was trying to con the other kids into going and getting him one. My mom has a window in the kitchen that has the deck on the other side and that is were she takes orders and serves from. The kids absolutely love it and I hope we never stop that tradition because my kids would be devastated. What am I saying the adults would be devastated as well. Thanks grandpa and grandma!!!
 

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jessi McCall said...

how fun. Your pup is adorable, I just showed Bobby

Lindsey said...

That would be very devastating to everyone if the tradition stopped! By the way, Bunco was so lame tonight. We all sat with straight faces the whole time. :) Thanks for the celophane!

Natalie said...

You have such a fun family.

cooksonclan said...

Oh... Talk a delicious childhood memory! I totally remember the donuts & scones your parents would make! They would melt in your mouth and I could probably out-due any of your boys on how many we could eat! :) And I don't remember you having a dog as a kid....but I sure as heck remember that bull or steer...what ever it was! That thing would scare me! ha, ha

Laura H said...

I tried to convince my extended family about this idea and eveyone nixed it. I love it. In my next life I will be a Robbins.

PS I agree with Lindsey Bunco was terrible with out you. We were all so serious the whole time.

Nicole said...

Those Robbins are sure a lot of fun. Maybe that's wear I get all my funness, you know I used to be one. Even if we only spelled it with one B!
Bunco was horrible without you. There wasn't ANY good conversation or anything!
Also, you are so lucky to have all of these missionary nephews for your boys to look up to. That is really neat.