I know that I have to still catch up on our California trip and Easter but I had to do this post about Brayden before I forgot. Brayden's favorite thing to do is play baseball right now. He loves it and is very focused when he is playing the game. He got the game ball last Saturday. He was so excited because he has been waiting to get that dang game ball. Well he had an awesome hit when the coach pitched him the ball so he finally got it!!
Later that night him and Trenton were being really silly. I told them to finish cleaning their room and then go to bed. I headed off to get some relaxing time in the tub. Well, 2 minutes later here comes Trent saying, "mom Brayden swallowed a penny!" Sure enough he swallowed a penny! I asked them what happened and Trent said that he did something really funny that made Brayden laugh so hard he fell to the ground. when he fell to the ground he had a penny in his mouth.(don't ask me why it was in his mouth but it was!) Brayden was not turning blue or anything so I called my mom to ask her what to do. I figured she had 7 boys one of them had to have swallowed a penny growing up. As I was talking to her I told her what happened,her comment was so funny to me. She said," if it was a penny don't worry about it, it will go down. Rob swallowed a penny and there wasn't a problem. Now, Lonney swallowed a quarter and he had to stay the night in the hospital." Who knew that swallowing one coin over the other would be better.:) I figured I would call Dr. Lonney ( he is not really a doctor but I think he missed his calling in life) anyway I told him about it and he recalls that he was only 4 years old when he swallowed the quarter and that he swallowed it because Rob was trying to get it from him! He did give me a wonderful thought, "make sure you tell Brayden that he is going to poop it out!" All is well with the penny, not quite sure if he has pooped it out yet. If he has he didn't tell me!!!!
At Trenton's game last night Brayden talked grandpa into playing catch with him. This kid is so obsessed! He would sleep with his glove if we let him. Grandpa was throwing him pop flies.(is that how you spell it?) He was doing awesome! He was even running up and catching them. They had been playing for a really long time and mom and I heard this scream. Brayden always screams when he cries so I didn't think anything of it I was just mad that he was screaming. I tell him all the time I don't care if you cry you just don't need to scream! Well, this time I can't blame him for screaming. Grandpa brought him over to me with blood all over his mouth. I started cleaning him up while grandpa went to go get ice. Once he calmed down and we cleaned him up there was this huge fat lip! They couldn't find a tee ball so they had been playing with a baseball. Grandpa felt so bad and was worried that he wouldn't want to play baseball again. Brayden not play baseball? That is not possible first thing this morning he brings a tee ball downstairs and wants to know where his glove is so we can play catch. Why is it that everything happens to this kid!? Randy and I are very nervous as to what is going to happen when he is a teenager!!!!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Brayden's Game Ball, A Penny, and Pop Fly!
Posted by Mer at 8:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Holy crap. That looks worse than a fat lip. It looks like he has some kind of bubble on his lip. Poor Brayden.
That's a good one. Maybe he could be the catcher and wear a face mask.
I was hoping that Brayden wasn't holding "the" penny.
Poor thing!!!! That looks painful! Almost like a hemotobin lip! FYI... I swallowed a penny when I was about a year old and I also ended up in the ER because it was logged into my throat and my mom said it was horrible because I could hardly breathe and couldn't stop throwing up! So tell your boys.... you never know... it might be a penny that gets you! Your mom is funny! Sounds like she was totally experienced with swallowed coins! :)
uh... when you said fat lip; that is NOT what I expected!
Oh poor kid! Hunter feel th other day and got a fat lip, but his is much worse!!!
Looks like Brayden got Botox injections.
Oh my goodness! This kids kills me! Poor guy. It does all happen to him, doesn't it? Give him a big love from me!
His poor lip!! I finally saw it at church yesterday and I felt so bad for him! I'm glad he still wants to play. Although, I wasn't worried. He and Maddox are two of a kind! :-)
Post a Comment