Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Cam!!!

On Monday we celebrated the birthday of our oldest son! Cameron turned 14 years old. It is amazing how fast time flies. Everyone tells you that but you don't really realize it until it happens to you! I came into Cameron's life when he was four years old. ( I am kicking myself right now because my scanner doesn't work and I can't show you what a cute little kid he was at 4!) He has always been a strong minded boy. When he doesn't want to do something there is no talking him into it. Nothing has changed except now he is a teenager! He is a great older brother and has a wonderful heart. Cameron loves to tease and loves to talk! He has always been this way I remember when Randy & I were dating we would play the quiet game A LOT! He has always had a brilliant mind. When he was in kindergarten I was helping in his class one day and they were doing a math lesson. He knew all the answers right away. His teacher would keep asking him harder ones just to see how much he knew. Right then I knew how smart he was. Well, his birthday probably wasn't exactly what he wanted. He went to California the week before and had such a great time there he came home with swimmers ear. After trying our homemade remedies Randy ended up taking him to the doctor the morning of his birthday. They gave him some antibiotics and ear drops then told him he couldn't swim for 10 days. There went the plans to take him to the lake that day! So we asked him what he wanted to do instead and this is how it went. He wanted to go see Transformers 2 for the third time, then go to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. We ended up at Rob and Liz's house were some of the Robbins family was for family home evening. We had chocolate cake and the best ice cream. (from Uncle Robs's ice cream machine) He didn't want any presents for his birthday but money. So that is what he got, TEENAGERS :)! It was a great day and we can't imagine our life without Cameron in it. Happy Birthday Cam I hope it was a good one!!!!!
 
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Felicia said...

I sure remember that chubby cheeked little boy. It is crazy how fast time flies. That's too bad he had to go to the doc on his day :(

Happy Birthday Cameron!

Mason clan 5 said...

Wow- I wouldnt know what to do with a 14 year old. Makayla is going on 14 she thinks. How are you feeling?

Nicole said...

How fun to have all of those boys. I love all of the "brother" pictures. Soundslike you guys made a fun day out of a bummer!

Jewels said...

I'm lovin the money only for presents request...typical teen! Look at it this way, you won't have to worry if it fits or is the wrong color ;) Happy B-day Cameron!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Everytime Cameron answers the phone now, I am thrown off. hahahaha.... probably because I always use to say "Mer!" Then he would get mad. I bet he doesn't get that anymore! Happy Birthday Cameron!