Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Brayden!

Yesterday was Brayden's Birthday! I can't believe he is five years old. I know he doesn't look it but he is. We had a great day yesterday he woke up to 5 balloons in his room with $1 bill in each one. He asked how he got them out of there I said, "I don't know what do you think?" He went and got the fly swatter and started whacking away. I then told him you probably should just sit on them so he finally popped them all! Then of course a birthday wouldn't be a birthday without some roll up pancakes for my kids!( AKA - Swedish pancakes, Crepes) My kids love them but I hate standing in front of the stove forever and they eat them as fast as I can make them and then want more! So on there birthdays they know I don't have a choice but to do it for them. He had preschool yesterday so we took in treats to the class, but the highlight of the day was his very first friends party! We told him he could choose 3 friends and we would take all of them to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. So we loaded up the car after Randy got home and headed out with Randy, Me, Jaxon, Brayden, and his friends Maddox, Nick, and Avrie in one car. Brayden's cousin Zachy that he adores followed us out there with Trenton in his truck. The Shark Reef was so much fun it was fun to watch the kids and see how excited they were about EVERYTHING! They gave us the wands so we can plug the number in of the exhibit that we were looking at and hear about it. I thought the kids wouldn't want to use these but they were all about them. They wanted me to push the number for all of them. They Loved the sharks swimming over their heads and under there feet!!! When we got back in the car I asked them if they had fun, they all said, "YES"! Cute Nick said can we do this next time.After the reef we went and picked up some pizza and back to our house for presents. Grandma & Grandpa came over to meet us at our house for presents and of course help for putting the presents together!
Brayden is my most challenging child but he is also the one that comes up with the funniest things. He loves to play with Trenton they are best friends and he is lost at home without him. When it comes to sports Brayden is a natural. He loves playing baseball and has a great arm. He always had since he was little. A couple of years ago my nephew David was over at our house. Now David always seemed to have a way of talking Brayden into things and calming him down. Well this time was a little different. Brayden had gave me a water bottle and wanted me to write a B on top so he knew it was his. So I did this and he was convinced that it was not a B, and started having a fit because he wanted a B on there. This was the time that David walked in. He asked Brayden what was the matter and Brayden chucked the water bottle across the room at David screaming it's not a B. He only missed David's head because he quickly moved it when he saw the bottle come flying at him. ( Do you see why he has been my challenge) He has grown up a lot in the past two years. He is very helpful to me and always keeps Randy and I laughing at the funny things he says.He is a good friend and his teachers alway say they love having him in class. We love you Brayden and hope you had a great BIRTHDAY!!!

9 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Happy Birthday to Brayden! I remember when he was just a baby crawling around at Little League games. It sounds like his party was a hit.

I can relate to the parenting challenge you face with him. I think that's why it's good to have more than one child--so we can't pat ourselves on the back at what amazing parents we are. LOL There's always at least one who gives you a run for your money.

Lindsey said...

What a cute idea with the balloons, I might just have to steal it!

Tracey said...

Good thing he is so cute. Kids seem to get away with so much more when they are cute.
Looks like he had a blast at his party.
Looks like Avrie was loving being the only girl, miss poser.

Nicole said...

I like the balloon idea too. In primary sometimes Mandy lets the kids whack a balloon with a flyswatter with tacks taped on it. Maybe that is where he got the idea!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Happy Birthday Brayden! What a good mommy you are!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Happy Birthday to Brayden again! Maddox had sooo much fun! Poor Mason was NOT happy! I think it's funny. Usually Maddox is the one left out. :-)

Cindy said...

What a great way to celebrate a birthday. I really like the balloon idea as well. Happy Birthday Brayden!

Elisa said...

Oh my HECK! It's so good to hear from you. Sorry I'm just getting into this "blog" thing! So mine kinda sucks. We are expecting our little man in about 2-3 weeks. We are still in Cedar City. James has about 2 years left of school. I'm working as a medical assistant. Things are good. Crazy with this baby coming but good. Keep in touch ok.
Elisa

Mason clan 5 said...

Wow They grow up fast don't they. Sound like a fun Birthday. That is a good idea- Going to the shark reef. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. We are sad we missed the snow.