Friday, May 21, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

I had to write a quick post and let all my boys know how proud I am of them. Our lives have been consumed by baseball for the past couple months. When I say consumed I mean one 2 sometimes 3 hour for my kids practice a week plus 2, two hour games a week. So it takes up most of our time. This year Randy wanted to coach so Trenton and Brayden could be on the same team. Trenton was so young that he could play another year of rookies and Brayden was old enough that we could play him up if Randy coached. It has been so fun to have them both on the same team. Randy also roped my nephew Zach into being one of his assistant coaches which works out great because not only do my boys love him the whole team loves him! Anyway, we didn't keep score all season but we have a tournament that we keep score in that started last week. We won both of our tournament games and are now playing for 1st place in our league. If we win then we will go to the Tournament of Champions and play against the other teams in the valley. Last nights game was exciting! Brayden hit his first double and started a rally. He was the first one to score in the game! Trent always does a wonderful job and last night was no different. He had a nice hit out to left field and did a great job as short stop. Randy is a great coach and loves when his kids do great! He even picked up one of our players in the air last night. Although I complain that baseball in long and boring I love watching my boys play and love it when the games are scored and close in points. It just makes it more exciting to watch.
* I know I said it was a quick post but there was just way to much to write.**



My boys after one of their games



When the coaches hand out the game ball all of the players dog pile that person. This time the game ball went to one of our coaches. So this is the kids tackling him.





Trent playing first base. Our regular first baseman was out so Trent did a great job filling in.


Brayden in his position outfield ( which drives him crazy) he is always focused and ready.






1 comments:

Laura H said...

2 post in one week. keep em' coming.