Thursday, September 11, 2008

Okay I will finally do this tag thing

I got tagged four times so I thought I should finally do it. I figured I could pick the tag that was the easiest.
5 interesting things about me, this might be hard.

1. I am a very competitive person. I grew up with 7 brothers and only 1 sister what can you expect. I do try to keep it under wraps but those of you in my bunco group know that I am really loud and obnoxios when it comes to winning something.

2. I used to substitute teach.I actually ended up doing a couple of long term jobs, so I taught in a first grade classroom for 6 months. I loved it! I hated being away from my kids but I had to do it. It was a great experience for me and it also counted as two of my classes towards my teaching degree. Yes, I am still going to finish my degree someday! I haven't taken a class since I was pregnant with Brayden, yikes it has been that long. I do love working with kids and I miss being in the classroom. I think that is why I like being so involved in PTA because I feel at home when I am in the school setting.

3. I make diaper cakes for fun. If you have read my blog in the past I have a picture of one of my cakes. I did get paid for that one, what a perk! I am very proud of myself for this one because most of you know that I am not a very creative person or crafty for that matter. Tell me to play a game with a group of kids, no problem. Tell me to tie a bow or make a poster or anything else crafty I might have a panic attack. I have always admired those people that can make such cute things, this is why I am so proud of myself.

4. According to Tracey I am bossy. I guess that is probably were my kids get it from. I don't try to be bossy I just can't stand to keep quiet when I see stuff that I know is being done wrong.

5. I am really shy. I know most of you don't think that but I really am. Growing up I was too afraid to say anything. Then I went away to school in Cedar City for two years. I loved it up there and also found the confidence in myself. I am a big believer in being secure with yourself. When I was growing up I thought I had to be like my sister. Tall, thin, cheerleader, the one that all the boys wanted. Well I finally realized that I am not that person and I needed to be confident in the person that I was. So now I am loud, friendly and try not to compare myself with others and just be happy being ME! Still underneath I am that shy girl and she comes out sometimes. Besides, I can't be shy anymore being married to my crazy, funny and social husband. He doesn't give me a choice he is friends with everyone. He knows all the neighbors by name and knows what is going on in their lives. ( you just have to love him )

6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

First of all, you are so NOT shy! I've never seen someone with more friends than you. And second, if your not crafty then I don't know who is! We are our own worst judge, that's for sure!

Nicole said...

Okay, that was fun to read and all. But, what about MY tag??????

Laura H said...

You,..competitive.. I dont believe it!!! BUNCO in one week. Its on like Donkey Kong.

Cindy said...

How can you not be crafty if you make your own layouts? What do you use, adobe? You need to show me how, I love learning how to do that stuff. I don't think your shy either, but some people mistake me for being stuck up because I am on the shy side as well. Love your layout by the way!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

You, shy?! Since when?! lol Just kidding. I can even be shy when I'm around new people and EVERYONE finds that hard to believe. you too crafty! You don't give yourself enough credit!

Owens Family said...

Hey mer You are so funny the time you had in cedar was so much fun because of me and Gina its so fun to see you on here and hear about your family your boys are so cute we so need to get togather love Angie