Monday, August 3, 2009

I LOVE THESE WOMEN

As I was posting Trent's birthday I realized I forgot something when I saw these pictures. Last Wednesday night I VERY RELUCTANTLY went to our activity for young women! Why do you ask? They decided to throw me a shower!! Now despite what some people think I really don't live to be the center of attention and besides the fact I already have three boys I don't NEED a shower!!! Well, I had to eat my words after that night. The young women and the women that I serve with are the BEST! I know everyone says that but they truly are. I love every single one of the girls and look forward to seeing them each week. I was really nervous when I first got called into young women's because I had no clue what to do with a bunch of girls! All I have is boys in my life and growing up with 7 brothers and 1 sister I didn't have much experience in that area as well. I have to say this is my favorite calling so far! The women that I serve with are wonderful friends of mine and we all have so much fun together that it makes serving the girls that much easier! Now we are missing our fearless leader in this picture!( Nicole you were missed!) It was a fun night and I thank everyone that was involved!
Picture explanation--- The bottom picture you notice a string wrapped around the three of us. We were playing the game to guess how big around I was, well Maisie guessed I was that big around! We fit all three of us in there!!! I thought it was funny and I told her to keep the string so someday we can use it at her baby shower.

 

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I was feeling angry at you all for having so much fun without me, and then you said I was missed and now I feel better! I'm so glad you love it in YW, cuz I do too. It wouldn't be the same without you and I am glad you're there! BTW, who's house were you at? It doesn't look familiar.

Laura H said...

What the heck?? Has Nicole been drinking? Its my house. It doesnt look familiar because we havent seen her in MONTHS!!!

Anyway, It was fun. Glad you came even if you were kicking and screaming.

Liz Prisbrey said...

I'm glad you had fun. I knew you would! You like to kick and scream but you love it. :-) And just because it's another boy doesn't mean he isn't special. He deserves his very own stuff!! :-)

Rebecca and Co. said...

I'm glad you had such a great shower, Mer!!!! It sounds like you do have sweet YW. I'm happy you love them so much!

Felicia said...

Yeah! I'm so glad they did that for you. You don't do enough for yourself sometimes. It sure sounded like it was fun. I'm so glad you're enjoying your calling. I remember how unsure you were at the beginning. :) That's so fun. So....I believe it or not....I may be seeing you and that cute little baby bump soon!

Tracey said...

How come you didn't tell me they did that for you? That was so sweet!