Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcome Kason!!!

What a surprise! Saturday morning I woke up at about 6:00 and was having different pains I had never had before. They were not too bad so I went back to sleep until about 8:30. When I woke up then they were worse, so after calling my advisers (mom & Tracey) I got up and started doing the normal routine. It only took about 1/2 hour and I had three contractions. Nothing major just a little pain but nothing that I would normally worry about. I decided to call the doctor and they told me to go to the hospital and be checked out. Now, I have never gone into labor before so I had no idea what was going on, besides the fact I was scheduled for a c-section on the 18th. I decided if this was going to happen today that I needed to clean up my house. I recruited the boys to help me. We cleaned, packed a bag for me just in case and showered all of us. I took the boys over to Tracey's about 12:30 and headed for the hospital. I left my bag at home thinking they were just going to tell me to go home and relax. I called Randy at work just to let him know what was going on but told him not to worry about coming to the hospital and I would call him if I needed him. Well to my surprise after about 1/2 being at the hospital the nurse came in and said they are going to be doing a c-section at 4:00. WHAT!! WHAT!! I DON'T EVEN HAVE MY BAG, CAMERA AND MY HUSBANDS NOT HERE! I get on the phone and after 5 minutes of convincing Randy that I wasn't joking he was on his way from work. By the time I made the call to Tracey and my mom they nurse had come back in. The news this time was Dr. Turner didn't want to wait until then with it being my 4th c-section and I was having so many contractions. They moved up the time to 2:30 or 3:00 as soon as they could prep me for surgery. This was only about an hour away! Randy shows up in his work clothes all dirty from trimming all day and has to put on his scrubs right away. David gets there shortly after Randy with Joe and Tracey's video camera!!( Thanks Dave) Then we were off to have a baby 2 and 1/2 weeks early! Kason was born at 3:16pm! He was perfect! I guess he wanted to finish us off with a bang! I have never gone into labor with any of the others and although I have always hoped all of them would come early they never did. Kason definitely wanted to be different. He weighed 5lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long. Our smallest by far! Well because he was so small the nurses said that he had some issues with keeping his blood sugar up. He was admitted to the NICU Sunday morning at about 2:00. They had to put an IV in him to give him sugar water. They then had to check his blood sugar before he ate each time. After being on the IV for 24 hours he was well enough to stop the IV. I went down every three hours to feed and hold him. It was heartbreaking for me and I just wanted to take him home. Well, I got my wish and we were both discharged Tuesday morning!! He is doing wonderful now! We went to the doctor yesterday and he has gained another ounce since we left the hospital on Tuesday and she says he looks great. What a joy it is to have him here. It is amazing that it doesn't matter how many kids you have you love them all the same. You are as excited to have the 4th just as much as you were to have your 1st. Here is a slide show I made with the pictures I have thus far. Cameron is in California until Sunday so we are missing one more boy!

19 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh honey...I should have know to wait and watch that at home in my own privacy. I look ridiculous with these tears streaming down my face while at my desk. Oh Mer, I love you. it makes me sad that I wasn't able to be there (especially after I just made plans to be there on the 18th:) I wish I could just love up to that little guy. Give some kisses from me. What a good looking family you have! Love you all...miss you even more.

cooksonclan said...

Wow Merridee,
I had no idea that you were so close to having Kason (I like his name) Your pregnancy sure flew by for me! He sure is kissable! Loved the picture slide show! (: Congratulations!!!

Erica said...

YAY!! Oh my gosh congrats! He is so sweet!

Ben and Taryn said...

Congrats Turner Family! He is adorable and I LOVE his name! So sweet! I'm pretty jealous right now :) Hope you both continue to do well.

gina said...

Congrats Merridee. Wow that is kinda crazy. I am glad you and the baby are doing well. I hope that We can get together sometime. You have such a cute family.

Rebecca and Co. said...

I love how you said it doesn't matter how many kids you have, you love this one as much as the first. What a lucky little boy Kason is to join your family! Congratulations to you all!

Cari J said...

So cute!! I love the picture you have of him next to the teddy bear. Priceless!! Glad you made it through a really eventful delivery, they just are more memorable when it's all crazy like that :)

Shellie Crowther said...

Cute slide show. and what a cute little boy. I really like his name, I had never heard it before. Glad things are going well. looking forward to seeing you and your family in Mesquite. By the way this Uncle Allan not Cole.

Dan & Mel said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to see him! We will see you in a couple weeks. Love you guys!

Bradley Clan said...

He's Perfect! I love his name.

Janelle said...

Mer, he is adorable!! You two have such good looking boys!
CONGRATS!!!!

Alisa said...

I loved looking at all those pictures. I have never heard that song before and I loved it. It even got me teary eyed. Congrats to you and the rest of the family. I am so sad that I still haven't seen him. I can't wait to hold him. Love you

Liz Prisbrey said...

You always find the best songs! I remember the one you used for Jaxon's birth video and it was perfect too. All the pictures are great! I'm glad you two are both home. I've thought of you every day but I'm trying not to bug you while Randy is home. I'll start hounding you when he goes back to work. Kason is beautiful!! :-)

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness you get a lot of visitors!!!
Congrats Mer! He is adorbale with his squishy little face. Trenton looks so cute holding him and feeding him a bottle. Can't wait to meet him in real life!

Mason clan 5 said...

Wow Congrats! Cindy had told me you had had him. I was like WHAT! That is a fun story... he was ready to come out and wanted to catch you by surprise. I can't wait for my D day which should be this next Thursday the 27th. I love the name it is so different.

Cindy said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie. I do like having a big family, five takes some time to get used to, but you do love them all the same. I'm glad he is doing fine now. Let me know if you need any winter clothes before I get rid of them.

The Covie said...

Congrats Mer! He is precious!!

Cami Jo said...

Congrats guys! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! SO precious! Can't wait to see you guys. Glad all are doing well. Your pregnancy went by super fast for me! I reallly didn't think you were having a baby yet! Man how time flies! Congrats again!!!!

K. D. Montgomery said...

Congratulations! Mike and I are so excited for you guys. He is so cute. We're glad to hear that everything is okay for you guys.