Monday, October 20, 2008

Do You Remember???

 
Do you remember just being a kid and having fun? I remember having tether ball tournaments in our backyard growing up. I was the champ by the way:)! Well, on Trent's Birthday, in July the Aunts and Uncles gave him a tether ball. We are very spoiled in our family we are not satisfied with just any old tether ball pole we have to have a GRANDPA MADE ONE. Grandpa makes ones that will last forever! Tonight my parents came over to our house for dinner because the missionaries were coming over and Randy wasn't going to be home. Trent got a nice surprise when grandpa pulled up in Uncle Lonney's truck with a tether ball pole strapped on the back. Trent was able to use the crane on the truck to lift the pole up! ( because it is that heavy duty that you need a crane) They sat it in place and the smile on Trent's face says it all. I think his first game was with grandpa but I didn't get a picture of that. If we could only be a kid again!!! Thanks Grandpa!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

gina said...

Hey Girl, that sounds so much fun. I love tether ball. It is so good to be able to see you and your family. Even if it is in Blogs. I feel a little bit better about many things.

Natalie said...

I loved tether ball too! By the way, I saw Trenton at the school yesterday and he looked so cute. He's a stylish boy!

Liz Prisbrey said...

How do I get a "grandpa made" tether ball?? Who didn't love tether ball as a kid? I think that I would probably be afraid of it now, but as a kid you don't really mind getting hit or having rope burn. Trenton is a lucky kid!

Cindy said...

I love tether ball. We had it in elementary school and that's all we played. How fun! I don't ever see them out at Sue Morrow, do they ever use them?