Monday, October 6, 2008

Oops, Got them in the wrong order!

Now for the BAD!!
Trent was at school today and fell and hit his head on the black top. The nurse called me about 11:30 and said that he was up in the nurses office for about a half hour and had ice on it. She said it was a pretty big goose egg but she had sent him back to class to go to lunch. She told him if it was getting worse to tell his teacher and she would call me to come and pick him up. It took everything in me to not go get him right then!! Anyway, she called me at 1:00 and said, I think you need to come and get Trenton." I didn't hesitate and was there in a few minutes. I walked in and the picture I had in my head of what it looked like wasn't like what I saw. The thing was huge!!! They said it had gotten bigger since he was in last and they were worried about his eyes. They suggested that I should take him to the doctor. I left and called the doctor and they said they would just send me to the hospital for x-rays so I decided to skip the doctor and go to the ER. After 2 hours there they sent me home. They did a scan to make sure everything was fine and then told me to make sure I watch him for vomiting and other head trauma stuff. You can't really tell from the picture but it was not a pretty sight this afternoon. Luckily it has gone down a lot since then.

 

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

See, trust your gutt! Us moms are always right, right?? :-)

Poor guy! I feel so bad for him. I bet he has a killer head ache. :-(

Nicole said...

Holy moly! That sucker is huge!!! Poor little guy. Hope he isn't throwing up and gets feeling all better.

Natalie said...

Poor kid! I hate goose eggs. They always look horrible. I always get nervous when the nurses' office calls. I'm glad it wasn't too bad.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Holy Crow! That is huge and looks painful! Poor little guy! Hope his head is alright.

Mason clan 5 said...

Wow- The nurse call just makes you nervous. Poor Trenton I'll have to remember to tell Kayla.Hope he feels better soon.

Cindy said...

Wow, poor thing! Hope he's okay now.